Applying for a Sixth Form place for the Academic Year 2022-2023
Thank you to those who have applied to our sixth form in September 2022.
Applications for September 2022 are now closed. Offers are being processed for our Sixth Form intake for September 2022 following National Offer Day (Tuesday 19th April 2022).
The link below will give you guidance (provided by KCC) on applying for a school place:
Please click here to apply for a school place at Saint George’s Sixth Form.
|Applications Open |
|Friday 5 November 2021
|Open Event |
|25 November 5 pm – 7.15 pm
||November 2022 (dates tbc)
||January 2023 (dates tbc)
- Students must obtain 5x GCSE grades 5-9 to gain entry into our Sixth Form
- Students must be able to study a minimum of 3 subjects at Level 3 to join the Sixth Form and to do so, they need to match the specific subject entry requirements. (The entry requirements are available to download below).
- If a student has not secured a GCSE in English or Mathematics at grade 4 or above they must re-sit the GCSE again in Sixth Form. This is the same across all Sixth Forms.
- Every attempt will be made to offer the students their first choice of course, but it must be realised that occasionally courses are over-subscribed and in this case, academic criteria will be used to select students for the course.
- Entry requirements for our sixth form are based on UK GCSEs, Scottish Standard Grades, or internationally recognised IGCSES accredited by either CIE or Edexcel. If you have studied outside the UK and have different qualifications, you should apply to UK NARIC (www.naric.org.uk) to obtain a statement of comparability which will enable the school to assess your eligibility.
- Full details of admissions policy as part of the secondary phase, including our oversubscription policy, can be found in the Secondary Phase Admissions Policy 2021 (found in the policy section of the website).
The option blocks will be released once SGS’ internal deadline has closed in January for we then match as closely as possible to the student’s wishes. This will be made available for download as soon as it is constructed. When released please remember that all subjects can only be taken if you match the entry requirements. Further important points to note about the blocks:
- Students must select 3 subjects in total; 4 subjects can be studied.
- You can only select 1 subject from each option block.
- The EPQ is an enrichment qualification; it is not counted as 1 of the main subjects.
- * Sport is a BTEC Level 3 qualification equivalent to 1 A-Level.
16-19 Study Programme Requirements
- All students who attend Saint George’s Sixth Form are enrolled on a 2-year Level 3 curriculum, studying either A Levels or equivalent Level 3 vocational qualifications. The expectation to be enrolled in our Sixth Form is to study at least three Level 3 qualifications.
- All students go through a standardised enrolment process to ensure that their curriculum programme suits their individual needs, prior attainment and where relevant their career goals.
- All students must obtain 5x Grade 5 or higher GCSE qualifications to be eligible to enrol at Saint Georges Sixth Form.
- All specific subject entry requirements must be met.
- If Grade 4 or above at GCSE English or GCSE Mathematics has not been achieved the student must be enrolled on a retake GCSE course alongside their three Level 3 courses.
- All year 12 students will engage with a period of work experience while studying at Saint Georges Sixth Form.
- While studying at Saint Georges Sixth Form, all students will be expected to attend tutor time sessions where a combination of non-qualification activities will be delivered. These will focus on the following:
- Study skills
- Careers, advice, and guidance activities, including support to progress to further or higher education or employment
- Enrichment activities
- Alongside tutor time sessions, the above will also be delivered in extracurricular sessions such as drop-down days.
- Students also can opt to complete the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- All students wishing to apply for Sixth Form will be interviewed initially by Saint George’s Leadership Team between January – April and again in August after their results are known.
- Guidance will be given at each stage about appropriate courses. We take great care matching students to their most suitable programme of study.
- The SGS Learning Journey demonstrates all the opportunities, support and guidance made available to students throughout their time at Saint George’s.
Please view the SGS Learning Journey here
Why our student leaders think you should join our Sixth Form:
Our Head of Sixth Form is Miss Pye who can be contacted by email email@example.com
Alternatively, if you need any information please contact our school office on firstname.lastname@example.org.